- 3A3-N2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 21
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin 21 (IL-21) is a potent immunomodulatory cytokine mainly produced by NKT and CD4+ T-cells, particularly the inflammatory Th17 subset, and has pleiotropic effects on both innate and adaptive immune responses. These actions include positive effects such as enhancing proliferation of NK cells and cytotoxic T cells, and inhibitory effects on the antigen-presenting function of dendritic cells. It can also be proapoptotic for B cells and NK cells. Studies have shown that IL-21 is also an autocrine cytokine that potently induces Th17 differentiation, suppresses Foxp3 expression, and serves as a target for treating inflammatory diseases.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-21
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Product Citations
AB_1227662 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513005)
AB_1227661 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513006)
- Cell Sources
- NK-T cells and T cells
- Cell Targets
- Cytotoxic T cells (CTL) and Natural Killer (NK) cells that can destroy malignant or infected cells
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nurieva R. 2007. Nature 448:416.
2. Parrish-Novak J, et al. 2002. J. Leukocyte Biol. 72:856.
3. Dumoutier L, et al. 2000. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97:10144.
4. Asao H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1.
5. Parrish-Novak J, et al. 2000. Nature 408:57.
- Gene ID
- 59067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-21 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.