- 23C6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S246
- Other Names
- Vitronectin receptor, Integrin αV/β3, ITGAV, ITGB3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD51/CD61 is an integrin complex known as αVβ3. It is expressed at high levels on osteoclasts, endothelial cells, and melanoma cells and at low levels on platelets and macrophages. CD51 is a heterodimer composed of disulfide-linked 125 kD and 24 kD proteins. CD61 is also a member of the integrin family known as gpIIIa or β3 integrin. It is a 110 kD common β subunit of CD51/CD61 or CD41/CD61 complex. CD51/CD61, also known as the vitronectin receptor, mediates the binding of platelets to immobilized vitronectin without prior activation. Other ligands include RGD-containing proteins such as fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor (vWf), laminin, thrombospondin and the neural adhesion molecule L1. CD51/CD61 also mediates cell-cell adhesion via interaction with CD31. CD51/CD61 acts as an activation-independent receptor for platelet attachment and spreading on vitronectin and other RGD-containing proteins, including matrix components. The 23C6 antibody has been reported to be useful for blocking studies.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Chicken, Cynomolgus, Rabbit (Lapine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation5, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5, immunofluorescence microscopy5, and blocking of cell adhesion4,6. The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 304414).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp WB, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Horton M, et al. 1991. Exp. Cell Res. 195:368.
- Takahashi R, et al. 1999. Blood 93:1951. (Block)
- Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817. (IF, IHC, IP)
- Deregibus MC, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-03-078709. (FC, Block)
- Barau A, et al. 2010. J. Ultrasound Med. 29:173. PubMed
AB_528845 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304410)
- Integrin, CD51/CD61 heterodimer, 24 kD
Platelets, B subset, activated T cells, monocytes/macrophages, osteoblasts, endothelial cells, melanoma
- Adhesion, bone metabolism and apoptosis
- Vitronectin, von Willebrand factor, fibrinogen, thrombospondin, osteopontin, denatured collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets, T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817.
2. Nesbitt S, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:16737.
- Gene ID
- 3685 View all products for this Gene ID 3690 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD51 CD61 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.