- W16030C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nitric oxide synthase 2, nitric oxide synthase 2A, NOS2A, HEP-NOS, inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), Nitric oxide synthase, inducible, Inducible NOS
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Nitric Oxide Synthase 2 (NOS2), also known as inducible NOS (iNOS), contains an N-terminal oxygenase domain and a C-terminal reductase domain, and functions to catalyze the formation of nitric oxide (NO) from L-arginine. NO is a reactive free radical which acts as a biologic messenger with diverse functions throughout the body, such as neurotransmission, antimicrobial, and antitumor activity. NOS2 is involved in inflammatory responses and enhances the synthesis of PGE2 and proinflammatory cytokines such as IL-6 and IL-8. The NOS2 gene is highly expressed in liver and is inducible by a combination of bacterial endotoxins and certain cytokines, including IL-1, IFNγ and TNFα. NOS2 also has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such as COX2.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial mouse NOS2 recombinant protein (1-250 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 μg/ml (1: 500-1:5000 dilution) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Mouse NOS2 has two isoforms: Isoform A is 130 kD and isoform B is 118 kD. This clone recognizes isoform B better than A in the tested cell.
AB_2728513 (BioLegend Cat. No. 696803)
AB_2728514 (BioLegend Cat. No. 696804)
- 1144 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 130 kD. Contains a flavodoxin-like domain and a FAD-binding FR-type domain.
- NOS2 is a nitric oxide synthase and produces large quantity of NO in response to the stimulation of proinflammatory cytokines. NOS2 plays an important role in host defense against pathogens and participates in anti-tumor processes.
- Forms a homodimer. Interacts with SLC9A3R1, GAPDH, S100A8, and S100A9.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Salim T, et al. 2016. PLoS One. 11:e0153289.
2. Ma Z, et al. 2016. Inflammation. 39:543.
3. Lee SH, et al. 2016. J. Cell. Biochem. 117:978.
4. Landes MB, et al. 2015. J. Leuko. Biol. 97:1111.
5. Karpuzoglu E, et al. 2006. Nitric. Oxide 15:177.
6. Suschek CV, et al. 2004. Curr. Mol. Med. 4:763.
- Gene ID
- 4843 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nos2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.