- H5C6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- LIMP, LAMP-3, Melanoma-associated antigen (ME491), Pltgp40, gp55
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD63 is a 53 kD type III lysosomal glycoprotein also known as LIMP, LAMP-3, gp55, and melanoma-associated antigen (ME491). CD63 is a member of the tetraspan transmembrane superfamily (TM4SF) protein expressed on activated platelets, monocytes/macrophages, endothelium, fibroblasts, osteoclasts, and smooth muscle cells. CD63 may be involved in platelet activation and is thought to function as a transmembrane adaptor protein. CD63 has been shown to associate with CD9, CD81, VLA-3, and VLA-6.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- T cell line HPB-ALL
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunofluorescence2, and immunoprecipitation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hildreth JE, et al. 1991. Blood 77:121. (IP, WB)
- Beatty WL, et al. 2006. J. Cell Sci. 119:350. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2750029 (BioLegend Cat. No. 353033)
AB_2750030 (BioLegend Cat. No. 353034)
- Tetraspan transmembrane superfamily (TM4SF), type III lysosomal glycoprotein, 53 kD
Activated platelets, monocytes, macrophages, endothelium, fibroblasts, osteoclasts, and smooth muscle
- Platelet activation
- CD9, CD81, VLA-3, and VLA-6
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Monocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Azorsa DO, et al. 1991. Blood 78:280.
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leukocyte Typing V1. Oxford University Press New York.
- Hildreth JE, et al. 1991. Blood 77:121.
- Anzai N, et al. 2002. Blood 99:4413.
- Gene ID
- 967 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD63 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.