- MC-813-70 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4, SSEA4
- Mouse IgG3, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The MC813-70 antibody reacts with a carbohydrate antigen which is named as Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4 (SSEA-4). It is a terminal structure of globo-series glycolipids (NeuAcα2-3Galβ1-3GalNAcβ1-R). SSEA-4 is expressed on human teratocarcinoma cells (EC), embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), and preimplantation embryos, subset of mesenchymal stem cells, erythrocytes, and erythromyeloid leukemia cell line K562. The expression of SSEA-3 on human ESC is downregulated upon differentiation. SSEA-4 is also expressed by mouse on unfertilized eggs and preimplantation to early cleaved embryos.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Mouse, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human embryonic carcinoma cell line 2102Ep
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA); may contain stabilizer.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1 and immunohistochemistry1 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kannagi R, et al. 1983. The EMBO J. 2:2355
- Product Citations
AB_1089199 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330411)
AB_1089198 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330412)
- Carbohydrate epitope on glycosphingolipids
Human teratocarcinoma cells (EC), embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), preimplantation embryos, and erythrocytes; mouse oocytes, early cleaved embryos
- Regulation of differentiation
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Kannagi R, et al. 1983. The EMBO J. 2:2355
2. Henderson JK, et al. 2002. Stem Cells. 20:329
3. Brimble SN, et al. 2007. Stem Cells. 25:54
4. Battula VL, et al. 2007. Differentiation. 75:279
- Gene ID
- View information about SSEA-4 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.